Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings


I have so much to be thankful for in my life. I have a wonderful husband that is always there for me. He’s my best friend and is such a good listener. He often cooks meals for me or helps me out around the house and with the boys. He’s faithful to God and leads his family according to the principals of the Bible. For that I’m so thankful. I have three wonderful sons that bring joy to my life and challenge me to be a better parent and a better person. I love the way that children look at life differently. Everything seems to be new or exciting. My sons can make a bug on the wall more entertaining than an entire shelf of children’s movies or room full of toys. They have also taught me about forgiveness and patience. How often children will do something wrong and tell you I’m sorry mommy I won’t do it again only to once again repeat the same infraction three times in the same day! I’m glad that we have a father in heaven that is that forgiving and patient with us!! No matter how many times we mess up and say I’m sorry God, I won’t do that again…. only to repeat the same sin, he still will forgive us. I’m so thankful for my relationship with Christ. I can’t tell you how many of my prayers have been answered. One time we prayed for help with groceries and never told anyone that we had a need, we were so blessed when three huge boxes were brought to the house by two friends from church. Another time we needed $500 and so we prayed only to have a $500 bonus check arrive in the mail the very next day. I’ve seen so much in my walk with the Lord. I’ve seen healings. I’ve been present when two of my boys gave their heart to the Lord. I’m so thankful to have a God that provides for my needs and those of his children. I’m thankful for a God that loves me more than any husband, children or friends. I'm thankful for my parents who no matter what I did as a child or adult showed me unconditional love. It was because of their guidance and love that I remained pure all the way through highschool. I'm thankful for our church and all the friends we have made there. I'm especially greatful for my fellow worship team members who have become like family to me. Finally, I’m thankful for my female friends. My sisters in Christ that are there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on or someone to share my joys with. I’m thankful that I have friends that I can call and ask for prayers or guidance. I just feel so blessed and thankful for everything I have and hope that you too will be blessed this Thanksgiving!!


Copyright Sherlyn Edwards 2008

1 comment:

beckyw said...

Happy Thanksgiving, we are so blessed!