Monday, December 22, 2008

Follow that Star


I am one of those people that consistently forgets things. I often lay my keys on something only to forget ten minutes later where I’ve laid them. Other times I will check several times before leaving the house to see if I’ve shut everything off and locked all the doors. I often forget meetings, conversations with my sweet hubby, or why I ran all the way to Walmart to get those absolutely necessary items. Sometimes I wonder if my brain cells are leaving with each child I give birth to!!

I’m one of those women who desperately needs to live by calendars and planner books. I love my housecleaning checklist (when I actually use it!!). It keeps me on task; and helps me not to forget any of the small tasks like washing down baseboards or dusting windowsills. I’m also a big proponent of maps, charts, graphs, and notes. I’m so set on having a map whenever I travel to a new place that I will go on one of those map websites that give you all the directions to get from point A to point B. I just love them. I can never figure out why some men just refuse to use a map. If you’ve ever driven through Chicago or Dallas during rush hour, you would know why I’m so set on knowing exactly how many miles I need to get to the next exit and what lane I need to be in and what the names of each highway I’m going on. I think it would be so cool to have one of those On Star systems on your vehicle!!

I’m so insistent about following directions that when I purchase one of those multi-piece hot wheel sets or boxed furniture, that I put them together step by step. Have you ever tried to put something like that together with out directions without missing a step and having to back up and then start all over again? Not to many of us have!! Do you ever get lost in life and wonder how to better yourself or how to deal with the frustrations and trials that you go through. I know that sometimes I just want to curl up in a blanket and stay there all day and just hide from the world and all the hurts that I’m experiencing. Do you ever wonder how to deal with situations with your neighbors or friends? Do you ever wonder how to handle that problem with that person in your church congregation? Do you ever wonder how to explain to a non-believer how the world came to be? Have you ever wondered how big the ark was or how Esther saved her people? Have you ever wanted any ideas for writing that special love note to your husband?

The Bible can answer all of these questions and much more. I have learned that I can lean on the Bible for answers to how to deal with the trials of life. The Bible comforts me and challenges me to be a better person. I challenge you as the new year begins to read your Bible more and see for yourself what a difference it can make in your life and relationships with others. When Jesus was born the shepherds and wise men followed a star in the sky to get to the newborn King. The Bible is your “Star” that will lead you in life. Follow that star and see where it takes you, see what you learn and see who you become!! Merry Christmas!! May God Bless You and Your Family!!

No comments: